The Dirt Book: Poems About Animals That Live Beneath Our Feet
Spectacular vertical panoramas illustrating life underground accompany 15 funny, fascinating poems that explore dirt and the many creatures that make their homes underground. Spiders, earthworms, ants, chipmunks and more crawl across the pages, between stretching roots and buried stones. This unique celebration of dirt—what makes it, what lives in it, and the many wonderful things the soil does to support life on our planet—is a whimsical, cleverly-illustrated pick for kids who love animals...or who just love playing in the mud.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- What's in Soil?
- The Soil We Grow In
- The Soil Chain
- Soil Formation & Edible Horizons
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- What's Our Soil Worth?
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Grades 3-5)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 3-5)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades K-2)
- Color in the Garden
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 3-5)